The course is modified depending on the country in which the student is professionally active. In the American and Canadian contexts, for instance, ‘American English’ (rather than ‘British English’) must be consistently used. In the context of all the Commonwealth countries, on the other hand, ‘British English’ must be consistently used.
The benefits of enhanced English skills in the professional context are numerous and significant:
1) Effective and efficient communication (most importantly).
2) Preventing negative perceptions due to grammatical errors and/or inappropriate tone or usage.
3) Enhancing the overall quality of oral presentations and written reports/documents.
4) Depending on your particular professional context, professional credibility
could be promoted through your command of language in your oral and written
communications (also applying the appropriate tone and register/‘pitch’).
5) Finally, in the academic context, language and writing skills are indispensable in producing quality assignments, dissertations and theses.
The course is available to any person in any country (provided that he or she is already basically proficient in English). As is the case with all MDL courses, anyone may register online at any time, and materials will be dispatched on the next available dispatch date after receipt of the full fee.
The general international fee for 2012 is £345.00 (this includes all materials, online support, assessments and examination, and courier to your door).
A certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the course. The certificate states that the student has successfully completed the MDL short course in ‘Advanced Professional English’.