Short Course through Multimedia Distance Learning (MDL)
Sharpening your command of English will contribute exponentially to your professional (and personal) development. This MDL short course is designed to enable the busy professional to master the essentials of accurate and correct English without investing too much 'extra' time. The course aims to equip the student with essential knowledge and skills in formal English, and to cultivate an orientation of developing these in everyday professional practice. The benefits of English skills in the professional context are numerous and significant:
1) Effective and efficient communication (most importantly).
2) Preventing negative perceptions due to grammatical errors and/or inappropriate tone or usage.
3) Enhancing the overall quality of oral presentations and written reports/documents.
4) Depending on your professional context, professional credibility can be promoted through your command of language in your oral and written communications.
5) Finally, in the academic context, writing skills are also indispensable in producing quality assignments, dissertations and theses.
The course is available to any person in any country (provided that he or she is already basically proficient in English). As is the case with all MDL courses, anyone may register online at any time, and materials will be dispatched on the next available dispatch date after receipt of the full tuition fee.
The general international fee for 2012 is £345.00 (this includes all materials, online support, assessments and examination, and courier to the student’s door). Persons based in Africa may pay the lower fee of R2845.00 (but a further amount is added for international courier).
A certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the course. The certificate states that the student has successfully completed the MDL Short Course in 'Advanced Professional English'.