Advanced Certificate in Project Management Course (AdvCertPM) – NQF L6
Cranefield College’s Advanced Certificate in Project Management Course is designed for working professionals who wish to master the essentials of project management, general management, and business management in the new Industry 4.0 (Fourth Industrial Revolution) economy and apply cutting-edge management skills and principles in their work context. The Advanced Certificate’s distance learning format and structure allow for flexibility and meet the needs of working professionals with limited time to study.
One cannot be a successful project manager without the supporting knowledge of general management and business management. The project management tools and techniques covered by the Advanced Certificate is fully aligned with PMI’s (Project Management Institute’s) PMBoK (Project Management Body of Knowledge). Successful candidates who have sufficient practical experience will be equipped to sit for the PMI’s PMP (Project Management Professional) certification, and the less experienced for PMI’s CAPM (Certified Associate in Project Management) certification. The Advanced Certificate in Project Management is an accredited NQF Level 6 qualification.
After Completing the Advanced Certificate, students will be able to:
- Understand and evaluate the manager’s task and the management processes in organisations operating in the Fourth Industrial Revolution (Industry 4.0) economy.
- Perform general management and business management practices and processes required in a project management contextual environment, especially in terms of human and physical resources.
- Apply project management planning, implementation and control to deliver successful projects that are on budget, on scheduled time, and of a high quality.
- Perform project accounting and contract management activities as part of an overall approach towards successful project management.
- Exercise supplier relationship management with the aim of effectively procuring goods and services required to perform the project scope of work.
- Assess the resilience of an organisation’s business model by mitigating the unwanted risks in the economic environment.
Apply what you learn today in your job tomorrow
In the Industry 4.0 economy employers prefer job-relevant education and training for improving the abilities of employees, and for providing them with the necessary skills to apply what they learn today in their work context tomorrow. All academic programmes and modules are presented in English.
Due to the structure of all Cranefield’s academic programmes, students optionally spend only one morning per month to attend classes live or live online via the Internet. If unable to participate, an online recording can still be viewed later.
In between classes student syndicate groups meet outside of work hours to discuss practical case studies. Cranefield’s state of the art teaching and learning technologies allow classes, and even syndicate group meetings, to be attended live online via the Internet anywhere in South Africa and the world.