Advanced Diploma in Project Management Course
(AdvDipPM) – NQF L7
The purpose of the Advanced Diploma in Project Management Course is to provide the opportunity for project management practitioners to deepen their knowledge and understanding of project management theories, methodologies and practices to enable them to pursue a career within the project management work context. This diploma in Project Management also provides learners with the opportunity to advance to higher organisational positions, as well as PMP (Project Management Professional) certification. The Advanced Diploma in Project Management is an accredited NQF Level 7 qualification.
After completing the Advanced Diploma, students will be able to:
- Evaluate and apply project management principles as supported by the new-economy management functions of leading, creating, implementing and improving in both a content and context organisational environment; and
- Understand the complexities of programme management and continuous improvement principles, and apply these to enhance organisational performance; and
- Reflect critically on the role of quality and performance management in the organisational supply chain, in particular the cross-functional programme-managed component thereof, with the aim of improving the performance of the organisational value chain; or [elective]
- Compare business strategy theory with practice to meet challenges in both internal and external organisational environments, in a prescriptive and emergent manner, so as to enhance the value creation ability of the learning organisation; or [elective]
- Evaluate the creation of effective and efficient project and process teams, from a behavioural perspective, with the aim of improving the performance of the organisation; or [elective]
- Analyse strategic financial management theories, including the fundamentals of contract and corporate law, in order to contribute to the effective functioning of the financial sector of the organisation and to demonstrate how the use of an appropriate financial strategy can add value to the overall corporate strategy of an organisation [elective].
Apply what you learn today in your job tomorrow
In the current economic climate, employers prefer job-relevant education and training for improving the abilities of employees and for providing them with the necessary skills to apply what they learn today in their work context tomorrow. All academic programmes and modules are presented in English and due to the structure of all Cranefield’s academic programmes, students need to spend only one day per month away from work for classes.
Classes can be attended live, or live on-line via the Internet. The rest of the time, student syndicate groups meet outside of work hours to discuss their practical case studies. Cranefield’s state of the art teaching and learning technologies allow classes, and even syndicate group meetings, to be attended live online via the Internet anywhere in South Africa and the world.
The learning programme requires the execution of learning content (modules) in a specific order that is in line with the accepted national and international bodies of knowledge of this applied science. The different learning modules therefore are offered in a prescribed order.