Advanced Certificate in Project Management Course (AdvCertPM) – NQF L6
Cranefield College’s Advanced Certificate in Project Management Course is designed for working professionals who wish to master the essentials of project management, general management, and business management in the prevailing fourth industrial revolution (Industry 4.0 or 4IR), and apply cutting-edge management skills and principles. Momentous changes are occurring in the 4IR environment, and business administration is now more than ever before a vibrant and extremely valuable field of study. One cannot be a successful project manager without the supporting knowledge of general management and business management. The Advanced Certificate in Project Management is an accredited NQF Level 6 qualification.Read More
The Advanced Certificate’s distance learning format and structure allow for flexibility and meet the needs of working professionals with limited time to study. The project management knowledge gained is fully aligned with the Project Management Institute’s PMBoK (Project Management Body of Knowledge) and the International Project Management Association’s ICB (International Competency Baseline. Successful candidates who have sufficient practical experience will be equipped to sit for the PMI’s PMP (Project Management Professional) certification, and the less experienced for PMI’s CAPM (Certified Associate in Project Management) certification. Such candidates also qualify for ICB level D certification. Moreover, module Mα is validated by ECSA for 3 CPD points.
Cranefield College is an ISO-9001-certified leader in private higher education and selects only the best in terms of highly qualified and experienced lecturers who are at the cutting edge of development in their fields. This ensures that students enjoy first-class tuition and derive maximum practical benefit from their studies. Moreover, they will be in a position to be positively influential in the job market very early in their studies. Nevertheless, the syllabus carefully guides every student systematically from first-step foundations and into more advanced aspects at the appropriate point in each module of the course. The needs of those who are already experienced in the job market are accordingly attentively met.
After completing the Advanced Certificate, students will be able to:
- Understand and evaluate the management tasks and organisational processes most suitable for operating successfully in the Industry 4.0 (Fourth Industrial Revolution) economy.
- Apply general management and business management knowledge and skills required to productively lead and manage value chain activities and achieve optimal organisational performance.
- Grasp the important role played by functional departments in providing supportive resources to cross-functional supply chain and project portfolios of the Industry 4.0 organisational value chain.
- Apply project management knowledge and skills to plan, implement and control project operations and deliverables that are on budget, on time, and of high quality.
- Perform project accounting and contract management activities as part of an overall approach towards successful project management.
- Exercise supplier relationship management with the aim of effectively procuring goods and services required to perform supply chain and project work.
Apply what you learn today in your job tomorrow!
In the current economic climate, employers prefer job-relevant education and training for improving the abilities of employees and for providing them with the necessary skills to apply what they learn today in their work context tomorrow. All academic programmes and modules are presented in English and due to the structure of all Cranefield’s academic programmes, students who choose to attend live or live online classes spend only one day per month away from work.
Note that classes can be attended live at the Cranefield auditorium or live on-line via the Internet. The rest of the time student syndicate groups meet outside of work hours to discuss their practical case studies. Cranefield’s state of the art teaching and learning technologies allow classes, and even syndicate group meetings, to be attended live online via the Internet anywhere in the world. Recordings of classes are available for revision purposes, or where a student is unable to attend a live session or resides in a country that falls outside the time line.
The learning programme requires the execution of learning content (modules) in a specific order that is in line with the accepted national and international bodies of knowledge of this applied science. The different learning modules therefore are offered in a prescribed order.